Personal Mortgage Specialist at TopChoice MortgagePersonal Mortgage Specialist | Mason, OH open opening
Personal Mortgage Specialist
- Advises clients about the risks, consequences, and benefits of alternative lending solutions.
- Develops loan applications by evaluating applicant information and documentation.
- Consults with clients about their lending needs to help them achieve their financial goals, including the collection and analysis of information about the client’s financial situation.
- Evaluates loan applications and documentation by informing applicant of additional requirements.
- Rejects loans by explaining deficiencies to applicants.
- Schedules and tracks closing dates, contingency dates, and loan lock expirations.
- Approves loans by issuing checks or forwarding applications to loan committee.
- Completes loan contracts by explaining provisions to applicant, obtaining signatures and notarizations, and collecting fees.
- Prepares and submits timely and accurate loan files.
- Uses state of the art technology to manage loan pipeline and conduct credit and underwriting analysis.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining professional networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Helps customers by answering questions and responding to requests.
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping loan information confidential.
- Accomplishes broker mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills & Experience
- Financial skills
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of financial software
- Customer service
- Analyzing information
- Decision making
- Quality focus
- Negotiation skills
- At least a high school diploma or GED
- Most advanced positions require a BA or BS in economics, finance, business, or other related field
- 2-5 years business experience
- Mortgage loans: registration as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (“Registry”), state real estate license.
This is a fulltime position